THE INSURANCE HOUSE, INC
|Posted on May 12, 2019 at 11:55 PM|
The Insurance House
Hail season is once again upon us. Here are some tips you can use to limit the impact hail can have on you.
• Before a Storm happens be sure your trees are well maintained and your gutters are clean from all debris. Bring any exterior property and lawn furniture inside or under a roof.
After a Storm
• Inspect the damage and check for leaks; put a tarp over the damaged or leaking area asap.
• Make sure when you call a roofer they can provide references and are an established company in town.
• Call at least three different contractors to give you estimates before you choose one to go with, and never pay for an estimate.
• Always talk to your local insurance agent and at least three contractors before making a claim to ensure the damage you have will be covered by your insurance company.
• Use the same contractor you originally had do work on your home if you were satisfied with the job they did.
• Never hesitate to ask your local insurance agent if they can recommend a contactor to you, often they know reputable companies operating around town.